We are proud to announce our new updated & renovated bathrooms and kitchens at Satyr Hill Apartments. Enjoy cooking in your beautiful kitchen with sleek granite countertops, vinyl plank flooring, and shaker-style cabinetry with brushed-nickel hardware. Updated bathrooms will also feature white shaker cabinets and brushed-nickel hardware and two or three light vanities.
Some days you don’t feel like heading out your front door to the gym or even taking the short walk to your community’s fitness center, but you still want to work up a sweat. When the weather is frightful or your schedule isn’t allowing for exercise away from your abode, a streaming service can be a great way to work up a sweat in your apartment. Here are a few of our picks for affordable ways to work out at home.
Enjoy life in luxury at Avanti Luxury Apartments. For a limited time, qualified applicants enjoy a reduced security deposit of just $99. #LuxuryLivingStartsHere
We know you'll LOVE life at Barclay Square. Move in now through February 20 and this month's rent is FREE! Contact our leasing team today for a tour. #GoodLivingStartsHere #BaltimoreApartments #CharmCityApts
If you're looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in the Baltimore area, look no further than Tuscany Gardens. Our pet-friendly apartments with in-home washers & dryers will be available at a reduced rate now through February 20. Don't let your new home get away, tour today!
Our beautiful rental townhome community is perfectly situated near all of the shopping, dining, and entertainment in Nottingham and White Marsh, MD. Each home has a beautiful kitchen with breakfast bar, private patio, and in-home laundry. Your pet will love life at Olde Forge with a fenced-in dog park.
Take a tour of the beautiful, award-winning Satyr Hill Apartments located in Parkville/Carney, MD in Baltimore County. Our pet-friendly community features 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments with beautifully designed eat-in kitchens, large closets, and private patios & balconies. Enjoy dining al fresco in our picnic & grilling area or taking a dip in the sparkling swimming pool. Good living starts at Satyr Hill Apartments.
The cold weather is upon us and there are many ways to heat up your home without burning a hole in your wallet. Here are a few ways you can cut your energy costs this winter.
As the temperatures begin to drop, heating bills can go up. You can reduce energy consumption by making simple adjustments within your apartment or townhome.
· Schedule an energy audit through the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program. One of BGE’s Smart Energy inspectors will provide a one-time walk through of your home and find ways you can save money and reduce energy consumption.
· Reduce your hot water temperature to 120-degrees Fahrenheit. If you need assistance with this, contact the service team.
· Replace lightbulbs around your home with new, energy efficient LED bulbs.
· During the day, allow sunlight to illuminate your home so you can keep the lights off. Be sure to close your curtains and lower blinds as the sun goes down to keep heat in your home.
· Change your air filters seasonally. Our teams are out for regular air filter changes throughout the year. Contact our service department if you require an additional filter change.
· Turn off all electronics when not in use including computers, printers, cable boxes, and phone chargers. Easily shift everything off by plugging items into a surge protector and shutting the surge protector off.
· Clean the coils behind your refrigerator (they can get quite dusty) to increase efficiency and keep your refrigerator running smoothly.
· Lower the temperature when you’re heading out for the day and raise it when you return.
Reduce Your Water Usage
· If you notice any water leaks, contact our service department immediately or submit an online service request.
· Take showers instead of baths and keep them to about 5 minutes.
· Turn the water off while brushing your teeth. Two minutes of running water is gallons wasted.
· Run the dishwasher and laundry machines only when the loads are full. If you must run a half-load of laundry, be sure to adjust any settings on your washing machine accordingly.
· When thawing frozen food, avoid using running water. Plan to thaw food in the refrigerator instead.
· Use bath towels more than once. Fewer laundry results in water and energy savings.
Other Fun Ways to Save
· Cook large dinners and take leftovers to lunch for work. Warming winter soups are perfect for this as you can make a large pot and have enough left over for several days. Many soups taste better the next day, too!
· Download the GasBuddy app for your smartphone to scout out the lowest gas prices in the area.
Are you looking for luxury living near shopping, dining, and more? Look no further than Annen Woods Apartments located in Pikesville just a stone's throw from I-695, Woodholme Center, and so much more.
Annen Woods offers many amenities to our residents including a fenced-in dog park, controlled access, clubhouse, fitness center, sparkling swimming pool, tennis courts, and on-site management and maintenance.
Take a peek inside your new home featuring Espresso-finish cabinetry in a designer-inspired kitchen with sleek granite countertops, new wide-plank flooring, and brushed nickel accessories and fixtures.* Each apartment has an in-home washer & dryer.
Move in now for a limited time special offer! Move in by January 19 and receive January's prorated month FREE! Contact our leasing team today to reserve your home at this discounted rate.
*In select homes. Contact our leasing team for more information.
Celebrate 2018 in your new apartment at Fox Run Apartments in Edgewood, MD just minutes from Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) at a reduced rate. Schedule a tour of your new apartment before someone else does!
1. Baltimore is named after Cecil Calvert, the second Lord Baltimore (serving from 1605-1675). Cecil Calvert was also the first Proprietor and Proprietary Governor of Maryland.
2. Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland, but Annapolis is the state capital.
3. Baltimore ranks 30th in the nation in city population.
4. The Star Spangled Banner, our National Anthem, was written in Baltimore during the Battle of Baltimore against the British in 1814 by Francis Scott Key.
5. Baltimore has been given many nicknames including Charm City, The City that Reads, The Monumental City, & The City that Believes.
6. Fells Point was featured in the movie, Sleepless in Seattle.
7. Baltimore City is an independent city meaning it’s not part of any county. Baltimore County is a completely separate entity from Baltimore City.
8. Baltimore City is the largest independent city in the United States.
9. Johns Hopkins Hospital was founded in 1189, 23 years after the founding of Johns Hopkins University.
10. Famous Baltimoreans include Edgar Allen Poe, Frederick Douglass, Billie Holiday, John Waters, Babe Ruth, Nancy Pelosi & Henrietta Lacks.
11. Oprah Winfrey was once an anchor on Baltimore’s WJZ-TV evening news.
12. Baltimore has more statues and monuments per capita than any other US city.
13. The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, founded in 1840, was the world’s first dental college. Baltimore is now home to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry.
14. Much of Baltimore was destroyed in the Great Baltimore Fire on February 7, 1904. It took two years for the city to recover from the fire.
15. The Baltimore Basilica is the oldest Catholic cathedral in the United States.
16. The Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University is the oldest conservatory in the United States and currently offers programs of study in music and dance.
17. The Shot Tower (formally the Phoenix Shot Tower) was built in 1828 and is just shy of 235 feet tall.
18. Domino Sugar is located and continues to manufacture sugary in Baltimore.
19. The USS Torsk, now docked in the Inner Harbor, is one of two Tench-class submarines in the United States today. The USS Torsk battled in World War II and sunk 3 ships.
20. Colt 45 beer hails from Charm City and, contrary to popular rumor, is not named after the weapon but Baltimore Colt Jerry Hill, whose number was 45.
21. Duff Goldman, of Ace of Cakes fame, owns the now famous bakery, Charm City Cakes on Remington Avenue.
22. Famed Baltimore Oriole, Cal Ripken, holds the record for the most consecutive professional baseball games played with 2,632 games played. This broke Lou Gehrig’s prior record of 2,131.
23. The Baltimore Ravens moved to Baltimore in 1996. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore after Art Modell had a long dispute with Cleveland over new stadiums. This brought professional football back to Baltimore after the Baltimore Colts left in 1983 to Indianapolis.
24. Each May, Baltimore is host to the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Track. The Preakness Stakes are of the the three races in the Triple Crown.
25. Mr. Trash Wheel, a permanent trash collector stationed at the Jones Falls River, is the first of its kind in the world. You can follow Mr. Trash Wheel on Twitter at @MrTrashWheel.
Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to get fit this year? Follow along with us here on the blog and on social media for our new weekly #PeakFit series. Each Monday we’ll be posting workouts, health & diet tips, and other information about how you can make 2018 your healthiest year yet. Share your progress and join in our community-wide conversation by tagging your photos with #PeakFit and #FitLivingStartsHere.
Celebrate 2018 in your new apartment at Barclay Square Apartments at a reduced rate. Schedule a tour of your new apartment before someone else does!