Today is National Peanut Butter Day! We are celebrating with some fun peanut butter facts. Be sure to join the conversation and poll on our Facebook page, too!
Fun Facts About Peanut Butter
- The average American consumes more than 6 pounds of peanut butter per year.
- It takes approximately 540 peanuts to make a 12 oz. jar of peanut butter.
- The average peanut farm is 100 acres.
- It's rumored that peanuts bring good luck to NASA astronauts. Astronaut Alan Shepherd brought a peanut to the moon.
- Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter, both presidents of the US, were peanut farmers.
- Women & children tend to prefer creamy peanut butter, while men prefer chunky.
- Six US cities are named "Peanut":
- Peanut, CA
- Lower Peanut, PA
- Upper Peanut, PA
- Peanut, PA
- Peanut, TN
- Peanut, WV
- Elvis Presley and Bill Clinton both claim that peanut butter & banana sandwiches are their favorite.
- Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of having sticky stuff on the roof of your mouth. Arachibutyrophobiacs are likely not big fans of peanut butter.
- If gum is stuck in your hair, the oils in peanut butter will help the gum slide out.
What are your favorite things about peanut butter? Do you have any more tips or fun facts to add? Comment below, we'd love to hear from you!