With summer break soon upon us, we've found some good ways to keep your kids occupied around town.
- Community Pools. Don't underestimate the fun of your community pool. Kids can spend hours each day swimming & splashing. Pack a lunch, plenty of drinks, and your sunscreen and enjoy cooling off together.
- The Creative Cow in Harford County is a kids' activity studio hosting art classes, dramatic play, sensory activities, and Glowga (a kids' glow-in-the-dark yoga class).
- Baltimore Clayworks located on Smith Avenue in Baltimore City has several classes and camps for kids ages 6 and up.
- The Walters Art Museum & The Baltimore Museum of Art have special areas just for kids, children's activities on weekends, and art sets available to use throughout the museum so kids can create their own artwork inspired by great artists. The BMA also offers workshops for kids.
- Tinkergarten is a nature-based educational class offered in parks in Baltimore, Cockeysville, Lutherville, and other areas for kids ages 18-months through 8 years. You can register the whole family for a free trial class before registering.
- Yankee Doodle Art Studio in Hunt Valley has tons of classes to help spark your child's creativity.
- Storyville at the Cockeysville and Woodlawn Baltimore County Public LIbraries are a fun place to play on a rainy or super-hot day. Each has an indoor playground, sensory activities, and kids' books.
- The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is home to animals from all over the world and a kids' area with a petting zoo and goats!
- Explore Nature at one of the many area parks: Oregon Ridge, Gunpowder Falls State Park, Rocks State Park, the NCR Trail, Prettyboy Reservoir, Loch Raven Reservoir, and more.
- The National Aquarium and The Maryland Science Center are other great options for rainy or hot days. With floors of hands-on activities, these are sure to keep your family entertained for the whole day.
- SkyZone trampoline park in Timonium will have you and your family jumping for joy. The arena features open trampolines for tricks, a foam pit to dive into, dodgeball games and leagues, and trampoline basketball.
- Family Fun Days at Power Plant Live on Sunday afternoons are themed family-friendly parties. Each family fun day is free to attend and discounted meal options are available.
- Port Discovery is a hands-on, "please touch" museum just for kids. Inside is a three-story playground, a grocery store and diner for dramatic play, science-based activities, and an infant room. All exhibits are interactive.
Stay tuned to our blog for more area events!