The smart home craze isn't just for homeowners. There are many new devices that are perfect for apartment residents that can make your life easier with the push of a button.
- SmartThings is a home automation kit that works with all sorts of devices including smart light bulbs & switches, outlets, Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Samsung Sensors, cameras, thermostats, speakers, appliances, remotes, and more. By downloading the SmartThings App, you'll install the hub for a range of smart products that can be controlled usting your phone. Control your home while you're away, even have coffee brew and ready before getting out of bed. For more information, visit the Samsung SmartThings website at smartthings.com.
- SmartSense Multi-Sensor is another Samsung product that is compatible with SmartThings. This sensor allows you to detect movement on doors, drawers, and other items so you can add protection to your home or valuables. Alerts are sent to the SmartThings app.
- Philips Hue Lighting can change the feel of your apartment as you wish - without painting or redecorating. You can change the color of the light bulbs to fit any mood whether you're looking for a warm, cozy lighting scheme or a cool party scene. But these lights don't only change color on demand. By downloading the Hue Camera app, the lights will automatically adjust to optimize TV and movie viewing.
- Twist Bulbs are another smart lighting device, but these also include a small audio device. Each tiny speaker installed in Twist Bulbs work together to create a full-home sound and light experience.
- Nest Cam is a security camera that you can live stream anywhere at any time. Alerts can also be sent if there is a change in sound or lighting so you can start viewing a live video stream on your device or computer.
- The WeMo Switch by Belkin is a handy device that can help save on your energy bills. This little device allows you turn devices and appliances off or on while you're away from home. If you forgot to turn off your lights, TV, or anything else after leaving, you can do so easily from afar with WeMo.
- Amazon Echo Dot, Google Home, and Ubi are voice-controlled assistants that can obey commands from playing music to ordering supplies all with the sound of your voice.
- The Roost Smart Battery is designed for use in smoke/CO detectors that has network and smart phone connectivity. This will send you a notification on your phone when the battery is running low so you can change it before the beeps and alarms sound!
What are your favorite new home devices? Share with the community in the comments below!