You can be organized and create tons of space in even the smallest of apartments with some of these creative storage ideas.
- Select a headboard with shelving or other storage options. The BRIMNES Headboard ($130.00 from Ikea) is a unique option that has hidden storage shelves. The Revere Bookcase Headboard by Andover Mills ($99 from Wayfair) has drawers and shelves to decoratively display books and other items while creating additional space in your bedroom.
- Purchase an over-the-door hamper such as the Laundry Nook ($16.95 from LaundryNook.com) to free up space in each bedroom.
- Add storage space with a platform bed with drawers. The South Shore Gramercy Platform Bed ($187 from jet.com) has two spacious drawers and comes in multiple finishes. The BRIMNES Bed Frame ($249 from Ikea) has 4-drawers and pairs perfectly with the BRIMNES Headboard.
- Hang a peg board or bulletin board to store jewelry. Earrings can post directly into a corkboard while necklaces and bracelets can hang from push pins. If you choose a peg board, be sure to purchase dowels or pegs to hang your jewelry on.
- Hang a shoe organizer on your bathroom door to organize and store shampoo bottles, curling irons, mirrors, clips, and more off the counter.
- Install a magnetic knife strip in the bathroom to hold bobby pins, tweezers, nail clippers, and other metal implements. The GRUNDTAL knife rack is a simple version that looks great with all types of décor ($9 from Ikea).
- Utilize stackable bins under the bathroom sink to create layers of storage. The IRIS Storage Bin collection allows easy access to items in the bins without the need to unstack. (Price varies based on size. Available from Amazon.com)
- Artistically display your bike rather than have it take up valuable space in your apartment or on your patio. The D-Town Bike Shelf by Allwedoiswood ($75 from Etsy), is a stylish way to show off your ride.
- Invest in a good sofa bed so when guests come to visit you’ll be ready. The FRIHETEN sleeper sectional is a cozy sofa that pulls out easily for guests, ($599 from Ikea).
- Use hooks under cabinets to store your favorite coffee mugs, freeing up cabinet space.
- Select a wall-mounted spice cabinet that can be easily mounted over your stove for easy access.
- Purchase plastic shelving and use it in your cabinets to create additional space for pots, pans, and towels. This will give you two-story space in a single open cabinet.
Do you have other hacks you’d like to share? Please share them with us in the comments below or on social media!