You can be organized and create tons of space in even the smallest apartments with some of these creative storage ideas.
Pantone has chosen Greenery as it’s color of 2017. Using this color in your home can add a refreshing, natural pop of color. Color inspirations can be found on Pantone’s color of the year page and there are several great palettes to help inspire you when decorating. The Transitions palette includes last year’s colors: Serenity & Rose Quartz so you can easily update any styles from last year.
Check out the slideshow below for some great design inspiration from area shops. Also, see below for more information about purchasing these items, including web links. All images are copyright of their respective companies.
1. Bath and Body Works – Sunlit Garden 3-Wick Candle, $22.50
2. Bath and Body Works – White Tea & Pear 3-Wick Candle, $22.50
3. Kirklands – Lavender and Heather Mix Wreath, $29.99
4. Kirklands – Half Tulip Wreath, $24.99
5. Two Sisters – Marble Artichoke Coasters, $44.99
6. Overstock.com – b.b.begonia Blossom Reversible Design Outdoor Area Rug, $114.49
7. Bassett Furniture – Basecamp Apple Green Quilt, $179.00
8. Bassett Furniture – Array Green Decorative Pillow, $99.00
9. Bassett Furniture – Sommersby Area Rug, $699.00
10. Pier 1 – Green Leaf Stoneware Bowl, $2.98
11. Pier 1 – Green Garden Stool, $99.95
12. Pier 1 - Luca Green Oval Chair, $149.95
13. Pier 1- Carmelo Palm Green Melamine Dinnerware, $6.95-$7.95
14. Ikea – Strandmon Ottoman in Skiftebo Green, $89.00 & Strandmon Wing Chair in Skiftebo Green, $279.00
Dress Up Your Bedroom on a Budget
While everyone would certainly love to be able to completely makeover their home to look like the latest product of an HGTV show, the reality is most of us don’t have the time or the money to create such lavish and expensive digs. Luckily, there are many ways you can create a trendy and sophisticated space for you to come home to without breaking the bank. Check out a few of our suggestions below!
1. Add stylish and colorful throw pillows to enhance your color scheme. Careful though, pillows should not take up more than half the bed.
2. Find stylish ways to hide your clutter. Invest in decorative baskets or bins to reduce stress-producing disorganization.
3. Invest in a new comforter or duvet to completely change the look and feel of your bedroom. The bed is the focal point, so start there with your decorating theme and color.
4. Rearranging the furniture into a new layout can make your room feel like an entirely new space. Try using a Feng Shui technique to evoke a calming energy in the space: http://www.wikihow.com/Feng-Shui-Your-Bedroom
5. Add a decorative rug to the room to create a more pulled together and finished look. Make sure you choose the right size for your room – the rug should start at the head of the bed or 2 feet from the head of the bed and extend at least 2 feet beyond the foot of the bed. Check out this diagram for help : http://goo.gl/F18skF
6. Add decorative handles to dresser and nightstand drawers to add a small touch with a big impact. Check out some of the whimsical options on CoolKnobsandPulls.com
7. Add some houseplants to add a more peaceful, spa-like ambiance to the bedroom. As an added bonus, plants generate oxygen and help to remove toxins from the air.
8. Make sure that the size all of the items in your room complement each other – Do not pair a double bed with a tiny bedside lamp!
9. Try mounting a sconce to the wall to free up some space on your nightstand while also adding a tasteful piece of wall art. Make sure you use the right bulbs as well – a three way bulb that allows for more muted light helps to reduce harsh light right before bed.
10. If you are dealing with a smaller bedroom space, adding a decorative mirror can help to make the room feel larger while adding a design element.