Attention Residents! Check out this special offer with True Cycling Studio! Residents receive 20% off the first month of membership of 10% off single or multi-class passes. #FitLivingStartsHere #Perks
Avanti Luxury Apartments bring you the best luxury in Bel Air with designer-inspired apartments and resort-style amenities with the convenience of nearby shopping, dining, spas, entertainment, and more. Luxury living starts here.
So, you’re in the market for a new home for you and your four-legged friend. How can you distinguish communities where pets are allowed from those which are truly pet-friendly? According to rent.com, 83% of apartment residents have difficulty finding housing to accommodate their pets. A few simple tips can help you find the perfect new place for you and your furry companion.
1. Check pet-friendly rental listings. Websites and directories such as the Maryland Pet Gazette showcase apartment communities which are pet-friendly. Major rental listing sites such as ApartmentGuide.com or Apartments.com have filters available so that you can find pet-friendly apartments, and even apply specific filters to properties that allow cats, dogs, or both.
2. Look at the amenities in the community. Properties that are truly pet-friendly offer services or amenities for pets such as fenced dog parks, pet cleanup stations, or dog wash areas.
3. Visit the property. When touring, keep an eye out for other pets around the community. Feel free to ask other pet owners about the community, what it offers for pets, and how they like living there.
4. Prepare your pet’s records. Most landlords require immunization records, license information, and photos of your pet when applying for an apartment. Having everything prepared ahead of time will make your move-in process less stressful.
5. Research additional policies, rent, and deposits. Almost all communities require a pet fee, pet deposit, and/or pet rent. Ask for this information up front so that you can prepare and budget accordingly. Request a copy of the community’s pet addendum and other forms so you’re aware of everything expected of you as a pet owner.
6. Check for any restrictions. Many buildings have breed restrictions and may not allow exotic pets. It’s important to check for any weight, breed, species, number of pets, and other restrictions that may apply.
With ample planning and a little research, you can find the perfect home for you and your pets.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of our pet-friendly communities in the Greater Baltimore Area, visit www.peakmgt.net or contact us at (410) 248-5100.
You've found your new home at one of our Peak Management communities and now it's time to apply. Here's the lowdown on what you'll need to have ready in order to make the application process as smooth as possible.
Contact our Leasing Professionals
Although it's not necessary, we recommend you contact the community's leasing office to schedule an appointment to submit your application. This can help you avoid "rush hours" when the office may be busy and allow us to have someone available to give you undivided attention.
Items to Bring
Each applicant 18 years or older must bring the following items when completing an application:
- A completed application (if you took one home)
- $35 money order for your application fee
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Social security card
- Two consecutive pay stubs, W2 form, or equivalent proof of income
Once your application is approved, you'll need to bring your security deposit to the leasing office within 7 days to secure your new home. The security deposit will range from $300 to one-month's rent (unless a special promotion is in effect for a reduced security deposit). One of our leasing professionals will contact you upon approval to discuss the terms of your security deposit.
If you choose one of our pet-friendly communities, be sure to discuss the additional pet fees and rent when applying.
If at any time during the application process you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to assist!