We can’t put into words or photos how much fun we had this past weekend at the annual Avanti pool party. From all of the fun games to the delicious food and great music, it was a perfect day for neighbors and friends to gather and celebrate summer.
In your search for the perfect apartment, have you seen communities list either pet-friendly or pets allowed as features? There’s a difference, and we’re here to break that down for you so you can be sure to select the right place for you and your best friend to call home.
While many apartment communities allow pets, this simply means that your pet can live with you. There may not be many (or any) amenities to help make your pet comfortable within the community.
Pet-Friendly communities not only tolerate your pet living with you in your apartment but create a welcoming environment for your pet. When searching for an apartment and touring communities, be sure to look for the following amenities including fenced-in dog parks, walking paths, ample green areas, and pet cleanup stations throughout the community.
Notice the team and property management’s attitude toward pets – are pets celebrated at the community and warmly welcomed? Check the community or property management’s social media pages and websites to look for clues about how pet-friendly they are. If you see frequent posts with pets, residents and pets, or clear pet policies listed on their website, it’s likely they are truly a pet-friendly community. Be sure to check with any pet-friendly community on specific pet policies, breed restrictions, weight limits, and pet fees or rent.
Visit one of our pet-friendly communities throughout the Greater Baltimore Area today to find the perfect place for you and your pet to call home. Don’t forget to share photos of your pet moving in to your Peak apartment or townhome by tagging us and using the hashtag #PeakPet. We love seeing pets around our communities.
Enjoy life in luxury at Avanti Luxury Apartments. For a limited time, qualified applicants enjoy a reduced security deposit of just $99. #LuxuryLivingStartsHere
Attention Residents! Check out this special offer with True Cycling Studio! Residents receive 20% off the first month of membership of 10% off single or multi-class passes. #FitLivingStartsHere #Perks
Avanti Luxury Apartments bring you the best luxury in Bel Air with designer-inspired apartments and resort-style amenities with the convenience of nearby shopping, dining, spas, entertainment, and more. Luxury living starts here.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to clean out your home this year, it’s never been a better time to declutter thanks to the latest technology. We’ve compiled a list of the best apps for helping you tackle your clutter this year – all without stepping foot outside of your home.
1. Stylebook – Use this app to organize your closet, select outfits, and find fashion inspiration. By taking photos of your clothes and loading them into Stylebook, you can mix and match your pieces while lounging on your couch. Stylebook’s team of experts also provide outfit ideas, clothing care instructions, and more.
2. Poshmark – You can buy and sell unworn clothes using the Poshmark app. Kind of like an eBay –without the bidding - for clothing, simply upload a photo of the item(s) you want to sell, enter a description and price, and wait for a buyer. Buyers & sellers are able to communicate through the app to negotiate prices or discuss more details about the item. Sellers earn 80% of selling price for each item priced $15 or more. For lower-priced items, a $2.95 commission applies.
3. thredUP – Selling on thredUP is easy. Simply request a “Clean Out” bag from the company and fill the bag with women’s or children’s clothing that qualifies, and thredUP does the rest. Sellers earn a percentage of the final selling price ranging from 10-80%.
4. Tradesy – If you have luxury and designer items to sell, Tradesy is the place to do it. The Tradesy app walks you through the selling process from uploading photos to selecting a sale price. Shipping labels are provided by Tradesy when an item sells and all returns are handled by Tradesy. Tradesy fees range from 9%-12%, depending upon whether you choose to be paid by store credit or in cash.
5. Mercari - You can sell almost anything on the Mercari app from housewares to clothing. Start by uploading a few photos of your item and a description. Mercari sends you shipping labels once your item is sold. Selling fees are 10% of the listing price.
6. Letgo – This is one app that allows you to sell completely for free. You can sell almost anything on Letgo for free to someone in your local area. However, this app acts more as a “Craig’s List” type listing service than an eBay-type sales platform. Sellers and buyers are responsible for all communication, setting up pick up and shipping, and determining final pricing. Letgo does not get involved in resolving disputes.
7. Gone – Gone is an app for selling electronics you no longer use. Although Gone does not collect commissions or charge selling fees, they determine the final price for the item you wish to sell. This is an easy, hassle-free way to get rid of any old devices that you no longer use.
Pantone has chosen Greenery as it’s color of 2017. Using this color in your home can add a refreshing, natural pop of color. Color inspirations can be found on Pantone’s color of the year page and there are several great palettes to help inspire you when decorating. The Transitions palette includes last year’s colors: Serenity & Rose Quartz so you can easily update any styles from last year.
Check out the slideshow below for some great design inspiration from area shops. Also, see below for more information about purchasing these items, including web links. All images are copyright of their respective companies.
1. Bath and Body Works – Sunlit Garden 3-Wick Candle, $22.50
2. Bath and Body Works – White Tea & Pear 3-Wick Candle, $22.50
3. Kirklands – Lavender and Heather Mix Wreath, $29.99
4. Kirklands – Half Tulip Wreath, $24.99
5. Two Sisters – Marble Artichoke Coasters, $44.99
6. Overstock.com – b.b.begonia Blossom Reversible Design Outdoor Area Rug, $114.49
7. Bassett Furniture – Basecamp Apple Green Quilt, $179.00
8. Bassett Furniture – Array Green Decorative Pillow, $99.00
9. Bassett Furniture – Sommersby Area Rug, $699.00
10. Pier 1 – Green Leaf Stoneware Bowl, $2.98
11. Pier 1 – Green Garden Stool, $99.95
12. Pier 1 - Luca Green Oval Chair, $149.95
13. Pier 1- Carmelo Palm Green Melamine Dinnerware, $6.95-$7.95
14. Ikea – Strandmon Ottoman in Skiftebo Green, $89.00 & Strandmon Wing Chair in Skiftebo Green, $279.00
So, you’re in the market for a new home for you and your four-legged friend. How can you distinguish communities where pets are allowed from those which are truly pet-friendly? According to rent.com, 83% of apartment residents have difficulty finding housing to accommodate their pets. A few simple tips can help you find the perfect new place for you and your furry companion.
1. Check pet-friendly rental listings. Websites and directories such as the Maryland Pet Gazette showcase apartment communities which are pet-friendly. Major rental listing sites such as ApartmentGuide.com or Apartments.com have filters available so that you can find pet-friendly apartments, and even apply specific filters to properties that allow cats, dogs, or both.
2. Look at the amenities in the community. Properties that are truly pet-friendly offer services or amenities for pets such as fenced dog parks, pet cleanup stations, or dog wash areas.
3. Visit the property. When touring, keep an eye out for other pets around the community. Feel free to ask other pet owners about the community, what it offers for pets, and how they like living there.
4. Prepare your pet’s records. Most landlords require immunization records, license information, and photos of your pet when applying for an apartment. Having everything prepared ahead of time will make your move-in process less stressful.
5. Research additional policies, rent, and deposits. Almost all communities require a pet fee, pet deposit, and/or pet rent. Ask for this information up front so that you can prepare and budget accordingly. Request a copy of the community’s pet addendum and other forms so you’re aware of everything expected of you as a pet owner.
6. Check for any restrictions. Many buildings have breed restrictions and may not allow exotic pets. It’s important to check for any weight, breed, species, number of pets, and other restrictions that may apply.
With ample planning and a little research, you can find the perfect home for you and your pets.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of our pet-friendly communities in the Greater Baltimore Area, visit www.peakmgt.net or contact us at (410) 248-5100.
You've found your new home at one of our Peak Management communities and now it's time to apply. Here's the lowdown on what you'll need to have ready in order to make the application process as smooth as possible.
Contact our Leasing Professionals
Although it's not necessary, we recommend you contact the community's leasing office to schedule an appointment to submit your application. This can help you avoid "rush hours" when the office may be busy and allow us to have someone available to give you undivided attention.
Items to Bring
Each applicant 18 years or older must bring the following items when completing an application:
- A completed application (if you took one home)
- $35 money order for your application fee
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Social security card
- Two consecutive pay stubs, W2 form, or equivalent proof of income
Once your application is approved, you'll need to bring your security deposit to the leasing office within 7 days to secure your new home. The security deposit will range from $300 to one-month's rent (unless a special promotion is in effect for a reduced security deposit). One of our leasing professionals will contact you upon approval to discuss the terms of your security deposit.
If you choose one of our pet-friendly communities, be sure to discuss the additional pet fees and rent when applying.
If at any time during the application process you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to assist!
There are so many amazing things to love about Avanti Luxury Apartments. For a limited time only, receive complimentary first month's rent. Schedule a tour with our leasing team for more details.
Luxury living starts here.