If saving money and getting fit are New Year's resolutions for you, we can help! Many of our communities have 24-hour fitness centers available to our residents, free of charge. Save the gym membership fees and work out conveniently in your community.
We are proud to announce our new updated & renovated bathrooms and kitchens at Satyr Hill Apartments. Enjoy cooking in your beautiful kitchen with sleek granite countertops, vinyl plank flooring, and shaker-style cabinetry with brushed-nickel hardware. Updated bathrooms will also feature white shaker cabinets and brushed-nickel hardware and two or three light vanities.
Some days you don’t feel like heading out your front door to the gym or even taking the short walk to your community’s fitness center, but you still want to work up a sweat. When the weather is frightful or your schedule isn’t allowing for exercise away from your abode, a streaming service can be a great way to work up a sweat in your apartment. Here are a few of our picks for affordable ways to work out at home.
Take a tour of the beautiful, award-winning Satyr Hill Apartments located in Parkville/Carney, MD in Baltimore County. Our pet-friendly community features 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments with beautifully designed eat-in kitchens, large closets, and private patios & balconies. Enjoy dining al fresco in our picnic & grilling area or taking a dip in the sparkling swimming pool. Good living starts at Satyr Hill Apartments.
The cold weather is upon us and there are many ways to heat up your home without burning a hole in your wallet. Here are a few ways you can cut your energy costs this winter.
As the temperatures begin to drop, heating bills can go up. You can reduce energy consumption by making simple adjustments within your apartment or townhome.
· Schedule an energy audit through the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program. One of BGE’s Smart Energy inspectors will provide a one-time walk through of your home and find ways you can save money and reduce energy consumption.
· Reduce your hot water temperature to 120-degrees Fahrenheit. If you need assistance with this, contact the service team.
· Replace lightbulbs around your home with new, energy efficient LED bulbs.
· During the day, allow sunlight to illuminate your home so you can keep the lights off. Be sure to close your curtains and lower blinds as the sun goes down to keep heat in your home.
· Change your air filters seasonally. Our teams are out for regular air filter changes throughout the year. Contact our service department if you require an additional filter change.
· Turn off all electronics when not in use including computers, printers, cable boxes, and phone chargers. Easily shift everything off by plugging items into a surge protector and shutting the surge protector off.
· Clean the coils behind your refrigerator (they can get quite dusty) to increase efficiency and keep your refrigerator running smoothly.
· Lower the temperature when you’re heading out for the day and raise it when you return.
Reduce Your Water Usage
· If you notice any water leaks, contact our service department immediately or submit an online service request.
· Take showers instead of baths and keep them to about 5 minutes.
· Turn the water off while brushing your teeth. Two minutes of running water is gallons wasted.
· Run the dishwasher and laundry machines only when the loads are full. If you must run a half-load of laundry, be sure to adjust any settings on your washing machine accordingly.
· When thawing frozen food, avoid using running water. Plan to thaw food in the refrigerator instead.
· Use bath towels more than once. Fewer laundry results in water and energy savings.
Other Fun Ways to Save
· Cook large dinners and take leftovers to lunch for work. Warming winter soups are perfect for this as you can make a large pot and have enough left over for several days. Many soups taste better the next day, too!
· Download the GasBuddy app for your smartphone to scout out the lowest gas prices in the area.
We received a glowing letter from one of our residents here at Satyr Hill Apartments in Parkville/Carney and just couldn't resist sharing it with you! Good living starts here.
"I would like to tell you about your Leasing Manager at Satyr Hill Apartments, Meghan. I have lived in this apartment complex for over ten years, and been subject through more than one changes in ownership and management.
In the past ten years I have not seen my neighborhood, my home, running more successfully than I do now. I know you are very busy, but I cannot let the positive experiences go unrecognized. Things have changed drastically for the better since Peak Management and Ms. Hatfield have been here.
When Ms. Hatfield asked you- the company- for signs that said, "NO SOLICITATION", and "PRIVATE PROPERTY", you obliged. She heard the residents here and made our life more peaceful. Since then we have had far less intrusions and scammers. Even just last week some folks knocked at our door- we e-mailed Ms. Hatfield immediately and she was able to appropriately confront the company (who was in violation of the no solicitation) and insure that no resident was taken in by that scam. Ms. Hatfield should be proud, as should you, as these solicitations are now extremely rare whereas just a small while ago they were rampant.
When there was a kitchen fire, she was there almost before the fire department. She stayed after they had left, everyone safe and minimal damage. I reside in an apartment that has been renovated since the fire a few years ago, but I remember that fire very, very, clearly. Safety is always on the forefront of my mind, as I believe it is on yours as Regional Manager. It is also a priority for Ms. Hatfield, which not only has she spoken about but acted upon. Her dedication, professionalism, and caring is why I am happy, and proud, to be a resident here.
I want to commend Peak Management for it's improvements to this property, my home. It has always been a pleasant place to live, and I have known other property managers (over the years, here). The treatment that Peak Management has done here has been caring and efficient and exceeded my previous expectations. I am very pleased that the company I rent from is fair and goes above and beyond most companies, but to have Ms. Hatfield in her position shows not only a true understanding, but a desire for excellence.
Ms. Hatfield has shown such a true dedication to the company and to the community, with such professionalism, that I feel compelled to speak about it. I don't believe that good work goes unrewarded, and I know that on any given day you (and Ms. Hatfield) must deal with many complaints- as do all in the Service/Hospitality industry. But I am here to tell you that significant, positive changes have and are happening here, at Satyr Hill, under Ms. Hatfield's management.
Thank you for your time, your caring, and reading this message to the end. I apologize for the length, but I've been here for ten years so it was hard to cut it short!"