Fox Run Apartments, our beautiful and scenic community located in the heart of Harford County, has just received an upgrade! We’ve added stylish, vinyl plank flooring to the kitchen, master bathroom, and dressing area as well as granite countertops and stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen. See our new look here, but it looks even better in person, so be sure to schedule a tour of Fox Run today!
If saving money and getting fit are New Year's resolutions for you, we can help! Many of our communities have 24-hour fitness centers available to our residents, free of charge. Save the gym membership fees and work out conveniently in your community.
Some days you don’t feel like heading out your front door to the gym or even taking the short walk to your community’s fitness center, but you still want to work up a sweat. When the weather is frightful or your schedule isn’t allowing for exercise away from your abode, a streaming service can be a great way to work up a sweat in your apartment. Here are a few of our picks for affordable ways to work out at home.
The cold weather is upon us and there are many ways to heat up your home without burning a hole in your wallet. Here are a few ways you can cut your energy costs this winter.
As the temperatures begin to drop, heating bills can go up. You can reduce energy consumption by making simple adjustments within your apartment or townhome.
· Schedule an energy audit through the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program. One of BGE’s Smart Energy inspectors will provide a one-time walk through of your home and find ways you can save money and reduce energy consumption.
· Reduce your hot water temperature to 120-degrees Fahrenheit. If you need assistance with this, contact the service team.
· Replace lightbulbs around your home with new, energy efficient LED bulbs.
· During the day, allow sunlight to illuminate your home so you can keep the lights off. Be sure to close your curtains and lower blinds as the sun goes down to keep heat in your home.
· Change your air filters seasonally. Our teams are out for regular air filter changes throughout the year. Contact our service department if you require an additional filter change.
· Turn off all electronics when not in use including computers, printers, cable boxes, and phone chargers. Easily shift everything off by plugging items into a surge protector and shutting the surge protector off.
· Clean the coils behind your refrigerator (they can get quite dusty) to increase efficiency and keep your refrigerator running smoothly.
· Lower the temperature when you’re heading out for the day and raise it when you return.
Reduce Your Water Usage
· If you notice any water leaks, contact our service department immediately or submit an online service request.
· Take showers instead of baths and keep them to about 5 minutes.
· Turn the water off while brushing your teeth. Two minutes of running water is gallons wasted.
· Run the dishwasher and laundry machines only when the loads are full. If you must run a half-load of laundry, be sure to adjust any settings on your washing machine accordingly.
· When thawing frozen food, avoid using running water. Plan to thaw food in the refrigerator instead.
· Use bath towels more than once. Fewer laundry results in water and energy savings.
Other Fun Ways to Save
· Cook large dinners and take leftovers to lunch for work. Warming winter soups are perfect for this as you can make a large pot and have enough left over for several days. Many soups taste better the next day, too!
· Download the GasBuddy app for your smartphone to scout out the lowest gas prices in the area.
Celebrate 2018 in your new apartment at Fox Run Apartments in Edgewood, MD just minutes from Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) at a reduced rate. Schedule a tour of your new apartment before someone else does!
1. Baltimore is named after Cecil Calvert, the second Lord Baltimore (serving from 1605-1675). Cecil Calvert was also the first Proprietor and Proprietary Governor of Maryland.
2. Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland, but Annapolis is the state capital.
3. Baltimore ranks 30th in the nation in city population.
4. The Star Spangled Banner, our National Anthem, was written in Baltimore during the Battle of Baltimore against the British in 1814 by Francis Scott Key.
5. Baltimore has been given many nicknames including Charm City, The City that Reads, The Monumental City, & The City that Believes.
6. Fells Point was featured in the movie, Sleepless in Seattle.
7. Baltimore City is an independent city meaning it’s not part of any county. Baltimore County is a completely separate entity from Baltimore City.
8. Baltimore City is the largest independent city in the United States.
9. Johns Hopkins Hospital was founded in 1189, 23 years after the founding of Johns Hopkins University.
10. Famous Baltimoreans include Edgar Allen Poe, Frederick Douglass, Billie Holiday, John Waters, Babe Ruth, Nancy Pelosi & Henrietta Lacks.
11. Oprah Winfrey was once an anchor on Baltimore’s WJZ-TV evening news.
12. Baltimore has more statues and monuments per capita than any other US city.
13. The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, founded in 1840, was the world’s first dental college. Baltimore is now home to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry.
14. Much of Baltimore was destroyed in the Great Baltimore Fire on February 7, 1904. It took two years for the city to recover from the fire.
15. The Baltimore Basilica is the oldest Catholic cathedral in the United States.
16. The Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University is the oldest conservatory in the United States and currently offers programs of study in music and dance.
17. The Shot Tower (formally the Phoenix Shot Tower) was built in 1828 and is just shy of 235 feet tall.
18. Domino Sugar is located and continues to manufacture sugary in Baltimore.
19. The USS Torsk, now docked in the Inner Harbor, is one of two Tench-class submarines in the United States today. The USS Torsk battled in World War II and sunk 3 ships.
20. Colt 45 beer hails from Charm City and, contrary to popular rumor, is not named after the weapon but Baltimore Colt Jerry Hill, whose number was 45.
21. Duff Goldman, of Ace of Cakes fame, owns the now famous bakery, Charm City Cakes on Remington Avenue.
22. Famed Baltimore Oriole, Cal Ripken, holds the record for the most consecutive professional baseball games played with 2,632 games played. This broke Lou Gehrig’s prior record of 2,131.
23. The Baltimore Ravens moved to Baltimore in 1996. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore after Art Modell had a long dispute with Cleveland over new stadiums. This brought professional football back to Baltimore after the Baltimore Colts left in 1983 to Indianapolis.
24. Each May, Baltimore is host to the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Track. The Preakness Stakes are of the the three races in the Triple Crown.
25. Mr. Trash Wheel, a permanent trash collector stationed at the Jones Falls River, is the first of its kind in the world. You can follow Mr. Trash Wheel on Twitter at @MrTrashWheel.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to clean out your home this year, it’s never been a better time to declutter thanks to the latest technology. We’ve compiled a list of the best apps for helping you tackle your clutter this year – all without stepping foot outside of your home.
1. Stylebook – Use this app to organize your closet, select outfits, and find fashion inspiration. By taking photos of your clothes and loading them into Stylebook, you can mix and match your pieces while lounging on your couch. Stylebook’s team of experts also provide outfit ideas, clothing care instructions, and more.
2. Poshmark – You can buy and sell unworn clothes using the Poshmark app. Kind of like an eBay –without the bidding - for clothing, simply upload a photo of the item(s) you want to sell, enter a description and price, and wait for a buyer. Buyers & sellers are able to communicate through the app to negotiate prices or discuss more details about the item. Sellers earn 80% of selling price for each item priced $15 or more. For lower-priced items, a $2.95 commission applies.
3. thredUP – Selling on thredUP is easy. Simply request a “Clean Out” bag from the company and fill the bag with women’s or children’s clothing that qualifies, and thredUP does the rest. Sellers earn a percentage of the final selling price ranging from 10-80%.
4. Tradesy – If you have luxury and designer items to sell, Tradesy is the place to do it. The Tradesy app walks you through the selling process from uploading photos to selecting a sale price. Shipping labels are provided by Tradesy when an item sells and all returns are handled by Tradesy. Tradesy fees range from 9%-12%, depending upon whether you choose to be paid by store credit or in cash.
5. Mercari - You can sell almost anything on the Mercari app from housewares to clothing. Start by uploading a few photos of your item and a description. Mercari sends you shipping labels once your item is sold. Selling fees are 10% of the listing price.
6. Letgo – This is one app that allows you to sell completely for free. You can sell almost anything on Letgo for free to someone in your local area. However, this app acts more as a “Craig’s List” type listing service than an eBay-type sales platform. Sellers and buyers are responsible for all communication, setting up pick up and shipping, and determining final pricing. Letgo does not get involved in resolving disputes.
7. Gone – Gone is an app for selling electronics you no longer use. Although Gone does not collect commissions or charge selling fees, they determine the final price for the item you wish to sell. This is an easy, hassle-free way to get rid of any old devices that you no longer use.
You've found your new home at one of our Peak Management communities and now it's time to apply. Here's the lowdown on what you'll need to have ready in order to make the application process as smooth as possible.
Contact our Leasing Professionals
Although it's not necessary, we recommend you contact the community's leasing office to schedule an appointment to submit your application. This can help you avoid "rush hours" when the office may be busy and allow us to have someone available to give you undivided attention.
Items to Bring
Each applicant 18 years or older must bring the following items when completing an application:
- A completed application (if you took one home)
- $35 money order for your application fee
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Social security card
- Two consecutive pay stubs, W2 form, or equivalent proof of income
Once your application is approved, you'll need to bring your security deposit to the leasing office within 7 days to secure your new home. The security deposit will range from $300 to one-month's rent (unless a special promotion is in effect for a reduced security deposit). One of our leasing professionals will contact you upon approval to discuss the terms of your security deposit.
If you choose one of our pet-friendly communities, be sure to discuss the additional pet fees and rent when applying.
If at any time during the application process you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to assist!
If you're looking for a great place to live in Harford County, look no further than Fox Run Apartments in Edgewood, MD. Fox Run is conveniently located near Aberdeen Proving Ground and offers military discounts for all active duty military members. We are a pet-friendly community with a fenced dog park and doggie cleanup stations situated throughout the community. Entertain and dine outdoors in our outside dining area or spend playtime with kids at the tot lot.
Our apartments were designed with your quality of life in mind and feature in-home washers & dryers, private patios or balconies, updated kitchens & baths, and lots of closet space. Plush carpeting throughout your home keeps your bare feet warm and cozy even in winter months.
Cal Ripken Stadium in nearby Aberdeen is a great way to catch a game in a family-friendly environment. The stadium is modeled after Oriole Park at Camden Yards and is home to the minor league team, the Aberdeen Ironbirds. Little league fields in the park are modeled after big league stadiums, including Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, and Fenway Park.
The Anita C. Leight Estuary Center in Abingdon is a 600 acre park on the upper section of the Chesapeake Bay. Enjoy hiking, canoeing, and more.
Ladew Topiary Gardens on Jarrettsville Pike in Monkton is one of the world's best topiary gardens. Summer concerts are held each year and feature local food vendors and wine.
If you're looking for a round of golf, Harford County is home to top golf courses, including the famed Bulle Rock Golf Course in Havre de Grace. Aberdeen Proving Ground has an on-base golf course open April through November. Wetlands Golf Course in Aberdeen is a par 71 course just 1 mile off I-95 and Mountain Branch Golf Course on Mountain Road in nearby Joppa has a country-club feel and is open to the public.
Giovanni's Restaurant & Fortunato Brothers Pizza are highly-rated Italian restaurants in the area. Enjoy Caribbean food from Island Spice Jamaican Restaurant or Ray's Caribbean American Food, both have received 4.5/5.0 stars on TripAdvisor. My Three Sons Restaurant is a great place to grab some Greek food in a casual atmosphere. Looking for traditional Maryland seafood? Head to The Deck for some steamed crabs! The Greene Turtle in Aberdeen and at the Harford Mall is a fun place to watch the game while enjoying a round of drinks and food.
The Boulevard at Box Hill in Abingdon is home to Wegman's, dining, shopping, and more. TrueCycling fitness studio is scheduled to open Summer 2016. Restaurants include Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar, Ocean City Brewing Company, and Lemon N Ginger. Relax and de-stress at the Spa on the Bouelvard.
Harford Mall in Bel Air is home to stores including Macy's, Sears, American Eagle, GNC, Office Depot, and more. Restaurants include casual options from Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Jimmy John's to more upscale options such as Bonefish Grill. Try some local desserts from Vaccaro's Italian Pastry shop while you're there (definitely try the Cannoli Chips!)
Schedule a tour of your new home today and see why good living starts at Fox Run Apartments.