Thanks to everyone who came out and made our pumpkin painting event a lot of fun and a huge success! Please feel free to tag yourselves, share images, and comment! #FunLivingStartsHere
Halloween Safety Tips
It’s one of the most fun evenings of the year for neighborhood children. Keep the evening fun & safe with these top tips for keeping kids away from danger on Halloween night.
· Be sure children are accompanied by a responsible, trustworthy adult at all times.
· Research the area you’ll be trick-or-treating and know the streets in and around the community before you arrive. Stay in well-lit and populated areas at all times.
· Increase visibility of your trick-or-treating group with reflective tape, flashlights, and/or glow sticks so vehicles can easily see you at night.
· Cross streets only at designated crosswalks, stop signs, or traffic lights.
· Avoid using your smartphone or other device when out walking around. Keep your full attention on your surroundings at all times.
· Check costumes before heading out to make sure they are hemmed short enough to avoid trip-hazards. Don’t know how to sew? Hem tape is available at most major retailers and craft stores that will allow you to quickly shorten costumes before heading out.
· Never enter someone’s home for a treat.
· Always carefully examine candy before eating. Discard opened candy or anything that looks suspicious.
· As a driver, drive with extra caution on Halloween night. Pull out of parking spaces slowly and spend extra time at stop signs.