Your smart phone can help you be smarter with money. From budgeting to coupons, there's an app for that. #GoodLivingStartsHere
Move in to one of our beautiful 1-bedroom apartments by March 29 to receive this special offer!
If saving money and getting fit are New Year's resolutions for you, we can help! Many of our communities have 24-hour fitness centers available to our residents, free of charge. Save the gym membership fees and work out conveniently in your community.
Don't know how to begin? There are so many resources online that can help you find the best workout plan for you.
If you're an aspiring runner, the website CoolRunning.com has training plans from "Couch to 5K" to advanced marathon training. Downloadable apps for your phone can provide more customized options for you based on current fitness level, pace, and goals. Try Nike+ Run Club, Couch to 5K, and Map My Run Trainer. Share your runs with friends using Nike+ Run Club, Map My Run, or Strava. These apps are like social media for athletes and can boost your motivation with fun challenges. Use area walking paths, community roads and sidewalks, and our fitness center treadmills to train and you'll be able to stick to your new plan regardless of the weather!
Looking to gain strength? We have your solutions with free weights, Precor fitness machines, medicine balls, and other strength training equipment. Follow along with video courses using apps and websites like Daily Burn, Beachbody on Demand, Sweat with Kayla, and FitStar. Many combine strength and cardio exercises and use HIIT to increase your metabolism while building muscle.
Indoor cycles and elliptical trainers are also available for a great low-impact cardio workout. Cycling training programs can be found on the app CycleCast which specializes in gym bikes and indoor cycling workouts. Peloton Cycle is another great app where you can live stream cycling classes to your smartphone or tablet. Workout by Fitness 22 Ltd. is a full virtual personal trainer and workout tracker that can build custom workouts based on the equipment available, personal goals, and your fitness level.
If you have any questions about our fitness centers or other amenities, please contact our leasing team. We are always happy to help!
Happy New Year!
So, you’re in the market for a new home for you and your four-legged friend. How can you distinguish communities where pets are allowed from those which are truly pet-friendly? According to rent.com, 83% of apartment residents have difficulty finding housing to accommodate their pets. A few simple tips can help you find the perfect new place for you and your furry companion.
1. Check pet-friendly rental listings. Websites and directories such as the Maryland Pet Gazette showcase apartment communities which are pet-friendly. Major rental listing sites such as ApartmentGuide.com or Apartments.com have filters available so that you can find pet-friendly apartments, and even apply specific filters to properties that allow cats, dogs, or both.
2. Look at the amenities in the community. Properties that are truly pet-friendly offer services or amenities for pets such as fenced dog parks, pet cleanup stations, or dog wash areas.
3. Visit the property. When touring, keep an eye out for other pets around the community. Feel free to ask other pet owners about the community, what it offers for pets, and how they like living there.
4. Prepare your pet’s records. Most landlords require immunization records, license information, and photos of your pet when applying for an apartment. Having everything prepared ahead of time will make your move-in process less stressful.
5. Research additional policies, rent, and deposits. Almost all communities require a pet fee, pet deposit, and/or pet rent. Ask for this information up front so that you can prepare and budget accordingly. Request a copy of the community’s pet addendum and other forms so you’re aware of everything expected of you as a pet owner.
6. Check for any restrictions. Many buildings have breed restrictions and may not allow exotic pets. It’s important to check for any weight, breed, species, number of pets, and other restrictions that may apply.
With ample planning and a little research, you can find the perfect home for you and your pets.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of our pet-friendly communities in the Greater Baltimore Area, visit www.peakmgt.net or contact us at (410) 248-5100.