Create a stunning design for your apartment or townhome by creating color combinations to set the mood in each room.
In your search for the perfect apartment, have you seen communities list either pet-friendly or pets allowed as features? There’s a difference, and we’re here to break that down for you so you can be sure to select the right place for you and your best friend to call home.
While many apartment communities allow pets, this simply means that your pet can live with you. There may not be many (or any) amenities to help make your pet comfortable within the community.
Pet-Friendly communities not only tolerate your pet living with you in your apartment but create a welcoming environment for your pet. When searching for an apartment and touring communities, be sure to look for the following amenities including fenced-in dog parks, walking paths, ample green areas, and pet cleanup stations throughout the community.
Notice the team and property management’s attitude toward pets – are pets celebrated at the community and warmly welcomed? Check the community or property management’s social media pages and websites to look for clues about how pet-friendly they are. If you see frequent posts with pets, residents and pets, or clear pet policies listed on their website, it’s likely they are truly a pet-friendly community. Be sure to check with any pet-friendly community on specific pet policies, breed restrictions, weight limits, and pet fees or rent.
Visit one of our pet-friendly communities throughout the Greater Baltimore Area today to find the perfect place for you and your pet to call home. Don’t forget to share photos of your pet moving in to your Peak apartment or townhome by tagging us and using the hashtag #PeakPet. We love seeing pets around our communities.
We are proud to announce our new updated & renovated bathrooms and kitchens at Satyr Hill Apartments. Enjoy cooking in your beautiful kitchen with sleek granite countertops, vinyl plank flooring, and shaker-style cabinetry with brushed-nickel hardware. Updated bathrooms will also feature white shaker cabinets and brushed-nickel hardware and two or three light vanities.
Take a tour of the beautiful, award-winning Satyr Hill Apartments located in Parkville/Carney, MD in Baltimore County. Our pet-friendly community features 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments with beautifully designed eat-in kitchens, large closets, and private patios & balconies. Enjoy dining al fresco in our picnic & grilling area or taking a dip in the sparkling swimming pool. Good living starts at Satyr Hill Apartments.
So, you’re in the market for a new home for you and your four-legged friend. How can you distinguish communities where pets are allowed from those which are truly pet-friendly? According to rent.com, 83% of apartment residents have difficulty finding housing to accommodate their pets. A few simple tips can help you find the perfect new place for you and your furry companion.
1. Check pet-friendly rental listings. Websites and directories such as the Maryland Pet Gazette showcase apartment communities which are pet-friendly. Major rental listing sites such as ApartmentGuide.com or Apartments.com have filters available so that you can find pet-friendly apartments, and even apply specific filters to properties that allow cats, dogs, or both.
2. Look at the amenities in the community. Properties that are truly pet-friendly offer services or amenities for pets such as fenced dog parks, pet cleanup stations, or dog wash areas.
3. Visit the property. When touring, keep an eye out for other pets around the community. Feel free to ask other pet owners about the community, what it offers for pets, and how they like living there.
4. Prepare your pet’s records. Most landlords require immunization records, license information, and photos of your pet when applying for an apartment. Having everything prepared ahead of time will make your move-in process less stressful.
5. Research additional policies, rent, and deposits. Almost all communities require a pet fee, pet deposit, and/or pet rent. Ask for this information up front so that you can prepare and budget accordingly. Request a copy of the community’s pet addendum and other forms so you’re aware of everything expected of you as a pet owner.
6. Check for any restrictions. Many buildings have breed restrictions and may not allow exotic pets. It’s important to check for any weight, breed, species, number of pets, and other restrictions that may apply.
With ample planning and a little research, you can find the perfect home for you and your pets.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of our pet-friendly communities in the Greater Baltimore Area, visit www.peakmgt.net or contact us at (410) 248-5100.
You've found your new home at one of our Peak Management communities and now it's time to apply. Here's the lowdown on what you'll need to have ready in order to make the application process as smooth as possible.
Contact our Leasing Professionals
Although it's not necessary, we recommend you contact the community's leasing office to schedule an appointment to submit your application. This can help you avoid "rush hours" when the office may be busy and allow us to have someone available to give you undivided attention.
Items to Bring
Each applicant 18 years or older must bring the following items when completing an application:
- A completed application (if you took one home)
- $35 money order for your application fee
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Social security card
- Two consecutive pay stubs, W2 form, or equivalent proof of income
Once your application is approved, you'll need to bring your security deposit to the leasing office within 7 days to secure your new home. The security deposit will range from $300 to one-month's rent (unless a special promotion is in effect for a reduced security deposit). One of our leasing professionals will contact you upon approval to discuss the terms of your security deposit.
If you choose one of our pet-friendly communities, be sure to discuss the additional pet fees and rent when applying.
If at any time during the application process you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to assist!