Create a stunning design for your apartment or townhome by creating color combinations to set the mood in each room.
If you're looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in the Baltimore area, look no further than Tuscany Gardens. Our pet-friendly apartments with in-home washers & dryers will be available at a reduced rate now through February 20. Don't let your new home get away, tour today!
Celebrate 2018 in your new one bedroom apartment at Tuscany Gardens Apartments at a reduced rate. Schedule a tour of your new apartment before someone else does!
Move in to one of our beautiful 1-bedroom apartments by March 29 to receive this special offer!
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to clean out your home this year, it’s never been a better time to declutter thanks to the latest technology. We’ve compiled a list of the best apps for helping you tackle your clutter this year – all without stepping foot outside of your home.
1. Stylebook – Use this app to organize your closet, select outfits, and find fashion inspiration. By taking photos of your clothes and loading them into Stylebook, you can mix and match your pieces while lounging on your couch. Stylebook’s team of experts also provide outfit ideas, clothing care instructions, and more.
2. Poshmark – You can buy and sell unworn clothes using the Poshmark app. Kind of like an eBay –without the bidding - for clothing, simply upload a photo of the item(s) you want to sell, enter a description and price, and wait for a buyer. Buyers & sellers are able to communicate through the app to negotiate prices or discuss more details about the item. Sellers earn 80% of selling price for each item priced $15 or more. For lower-priced items, a $2.95 commission applies.
3. thredUP – Selling on thredUP is easy. Simply request a “Clean Out” bag from the company and fill the bag with women’s or children’s clothing that qualifies, and thredUP does the rest. Sellers earn a percentage of the final selling price ranging from 10-80%.
4. Tradesy – If you have luxury and designer items to sell, Tradesy is the place to do it. The Tradesy app walks you through the selling process from uploading photos to selecting a sale price. Shipping labels are provided by Tradesy when an item sells and all returns are handled by Tradesy. Tradesy fees range from 9%-12%, depending upon whether you choose to be paid by store credit or in cash.
5. Mercari - You can sell almost anything on the Mercari app from housewares to clothing. Start by uploading a few photos of your item and a description. Mercari sends you shipping labels once your item is sold. Selling fees are 10% of the listing price.
6. Letgo – This is one app that allows you to sell completely for free. You can sell almost anything on Letgo for free to someone in your local area. However, this app acts more as a “Craig’s List” type listing service than an eBay-type sales platform. Sellers and buyers are responsible for all communication, setting up pick up and shipping, and determining final pricing. Letgo does not get involved in resolving disputes.
7. Gone – Gone is an app for selling electronics you no longer use. Although Gone does not collect commissions or charge selling fees, they determine the final price for the item you wish to sell. This is an easy, hassle-free way to get rid of any old devices that you no longer use.
If saving money and getting fit are New Year's resolutions for you, we can help! Many of our communities have 24-hour fitness centers available to our residents, free of charge. Save the gym membership fees and work out conveniently in your community.
Don't know how to begin? There are so many resources online that can help you find the best workout plan for you.
If you're an aspiring runner, the website CoolRunning.com has training plans from "Couch to 5K" to advanced marathon training. Downloadable apps for your phone can provide more customized options for you based on current fitness level, pace, and goals. Try Nike+ Run Club, Couch to 5K, and Map My Run Trainer. Share your runs with friends using Nike+ Run Club, Map My Run, or Strava. These apps are like social media for athletes and can boost your motivation with fun challenges. Use area walking paths, community roads and sidewalks, and our fitness center treadmills to train and you'll be able to stick to your new plan regardless of the weather!
Looking to gain strength? We have your solutions with free weights, Precor fitness machines, medicine balls, and other strength training equipment. Follow along with video courses using apps and websites like Daily Burn, Beachbody on Demand, Sweat with Kayla, and FitStar. Many combine strength and cardio exercises and use HIIT to increase your metabolism while building muscle.
Indoor cycles and elliptical trainers are also available for a great low-impact cardio workout. Cycling training programs can be found on the app CycleCast which specializes in gym bikes and indoor cycling workouts. Peloton Cycle is another great app where you can live stream cycling classes to your smartphone or tablet. Workout by Fitness 22 Ltd. is a full virtual personal trainer and workout tracker that can build custom workouts based on the equipment available, personal goals, and your fitness level.
If you have any questions about our fitness centers or other amenities, please contact our leasing team. We are always happy to help!
Happy New Year!
So, you’re in the market for a new home for you and your four-legged friend. How can you distinguish communities where pets are allowed from those which are truly pet-friendly? According to rent.com, 83% of apartment residents have difficulty finding housing to accommodate their pets. A few simple tips can help you find the perfect new place for you and your furry companion.
1. Check pet-friendly rental listings. Websites and directories such as the Maryland Pet Gazette showcase apartment communities which are pet-friendly. Major rental listing sites such as ApartmentGuide.com or Apartments.com have filters available so that you can find pet-friendly apartments, and even apply specific filters to properties that allow cats, dogs, or both.
2. Look at the amenities in the community. Properties that are truly pet-friendly offer services or amenities for pets such as fenced dog parks, pet cleanup stations, or dog wash areas.
3. Visit the property. When touring, keep an eye out for other pets around the community. Feel free to ask other pet owners about the community, what it offers for pets, and how they like living there.
4. Prepare your pet’s records. Most landlords require immunization records, license information, and photos of your pet when applying for an apartment. Having everything prepared ahead of time will make your move-in process less stressful.
5. Research additional policies, rent, and deposits. Almost all communities require a pet fee, pet deposit, and/or pet rent. Ask for this information up front so that you can prepare and budget accordingly. Request a copy of the community’s pet addendum and other forms so you’re aware of everything expected of you as a pet owner.
6. Check for any restrictions. Many buildings have breed restrictions and may not allow exotic pets. It’s important to check for any weight, breed, species, number of pets, and other restrictions that may apply.
With ample planning and a little research, you can find the perfect home for you and your pets.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of our pet-friendly communities in the Greater Baltimore Area, visit www.peakmgt.net or contact us at (410) 248-5100.
You've found your new home at one of our Peak Management communities and now it's time to apply. Here's the lowdown on what you'll need to have ready in order to make the application process as smooth as possible.
Contact our Leasing Professionals
Although it's not necessary, we recommend you contact the community's leasing office to schedule an appointment to submit your application. This can help you avoid "rush hours" when the office may be busy and allow us to have someone available to give you undivided attention.
Items to Bring
Each applicant 18 years or older must bring the following items when completing an application:
- A completed application (if you took one home)
- $35 money order for your application fee
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Social security card
- Two consecutive pay stubs, W2 form, or equivalent proof of income
Once your application is approved, you'll need to bring your security deposit to the leasing office within 7 days to secure your new home. The security deposit will range from $300 to one-month's rent (unless a special promotion is in effect for a reduced security deposit). One of our leasing professionals will contact you upon approval to discuss the terms of your security deposit.
If you choose one of our pet-friendly communities, be sure to discuss the additional pet fees and rent when applying.
If at any time during the application process you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to assist!